30/11/2010

ODE TO MY FATHER

If I was your son, I be your seed,




The one who let me out to this world,


If I was a punch, I would choose the one,


You gave to my pregnant mother,


If I was the traumatise child,


I would be the one listening his mother screams,


If you were holding the metal belt,


I would be the kid with the scare,


If you was the one broking glass on the floor,


I was the one walking bare feet upon it,


If there was a closest,


I was the one hiding inside it,


If was an beaten puppy with metal bar,


I was the son force to watched it,


If I was the man who was pushing his wife by the window,


I was the small child, weeping for help,


If I was the man scalping your mother,


I was the one holding the knife,


If I was the son of the woman begging for help,


I was the one ready to push the blade inside you,


If I had follow your path,


I was the animal trap in your cage,


If your were my father,


I would have stop drinking myself to death,


If you were my blood and flesh,


I am glad you took your delirium six foot’s under,


If I had a choice,


I wish, we could had the chance to spoke once,


If I could turn the clock,


I would tell you, I had long forgave you,


If you can hear me from above,


I was simply telling you, I love you dad.


COPYRIGHT@H.NAUDET.2010

3 comments:

  1. This makes me cry. My father would beat me with a yard stick. He would go crazy until he broke the stick. He destroyed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank for sharing this, i know u are a good man and know what pains is. don`ttake my past comment as i cannot handdle critics but to be it was not constructive comments but you own idea. blessings Herve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought tears into my eyes too..

    retrieval

    ReplyDelete